Like tens of millions of Americans, you likely set goals to improve your health in the New Year. Instead of rushing headlong into 2018 with just goals – without actively planning how to reach them – the Team Romio is here to offer some tips to make those goals a reality.
We asked Romio Health Expert Dr. Robert Silverman – Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine, Clinical Nutritionist and Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist – for tips on eating healthier and getting fit and he shared 6 key recommendations.
1. Follow my "GPS of health." Cut out gluten, processed foods and sugars from your diet.
2. Move more. It doesn't take a lot to incorporate some form of movement or exercise into your daily routine. You can start slow by walking for at least 30 minutes each day. Exercising also increases your “happy hormones” – endorphins, serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin – so not only will you get a good workout, you'll feel much better!
3. Mind your food portions. One of the easiest ways to control how much you consume in one sitting is using a smaller plate or bowl for your food. And don’t go back for seconds – unless you’re loading up on healthy vegetables! Eat only until you’re pleasantly satisfied.
4. Connect with an exercise buddy. An exercise buddy is great for both of you to stay motivated and not slack off! You can keep each other accountable for living a healthy lifestyle through exercise.
5. Find time to slow down. Budget 5-10 minutes of “quiet time” for meditation and self-reflection. This will help you focus, raise self-awareness and help keep you on track of your goals.
6. Forget the "fad" diets. Make a lifestyle change!It’s normal to want that quick fix but in 2018 we should be striving for that long-term health.
Thank you, Dr. Silverman, for these solid tips to help us reach the goals we set in 2018. Together, we can leave the negative habits of 2017 in the past!
You can find Dr. Silverman and his Service Offerings on Romio!